Startup Interview with Rajumohan R, Founder of Xmplar
July 6, 2018
Xmplar is an IT firm that helps deliver specialized IT solutions in Project Management, Human Resource Management, Strategic Planning, and other fields. It has catered to the needs of organizations ranging from governmental agencies to private corporate firms. Here’s how Xmplar made it so far since 2013, in the words of its founder, Mr. Rajumohan R.
In conversation with Mr. Rajumohan, Founder of Xmplar,
1. Walk us through the inception of Xmplar.
Xmplar is a premier, fast growing Information Technology firm established in 2013 and headquartered in Bengaluru. Over the last 5 years, we have established our credibility in executing large and complex solutions for premium customers. We launched our cloud-based products in HR & Talent Assessment and they have been adopted by many customers to achieve an effective control of their recruitment process and to ensure that the right candidate is being hired.
2. The IT market has expanded substantially over the last 10 to 15 years. When was your first entry into the market and how you have been able to carve out a successful niche through Xmplar?
We help in transforming the way you do business with the help of IT. We believe that business goals should always drive a solution for any organization. Therefore, we consider technology as a tool and an enabler to achieve your business goals. Our approach is to align your business goals and IT goals by providing sustainable solutions to our clients. This has helped to differentiate us from others, to win over our customers and retain them.
3. Tell us how these two Xmplar products Ziptiger Assess and Ziptiger Recruit are different from their competitors?
Ziptiger recruit is an evidence-based online hiring solution. It helps corporate HR managers to have an effective control over the recruitment process. It gives complete visibility on each stage of evaluation and provides the report to analyze the hit ratio. The embedded online talent assessment tool (with a large question bank of over 15K questions across various categories) significantly reduces the task of recruiters and helps them in efficiently handling the assessment process.
4. What are some decisions you made during that initial period that you would stand by even today?
Venturing into providing multiple small cloud-based solutions which could address the day to day pains of the customers rather than only focusing on large applications. As our revenue generation model is on a subscription basis, we make it light on our customers. However, it is a challenge for any smaller organization to sustain the initial period. If you have the passion to get through this rough initial period with a product that offers relevant features, success will follow.
5. What do you expect to see over the next 5-10 years in the industry?
6. How would you describe your approach to leadership and management?
7. Something your company does better than its competitors- the secret ingredient behind the success of Xmplar.
8. Which are the software Xmplar uses to streamline its business processes?
We use our own ERP product (CREST) to streamline our business processes. It covers Procurement, Sales, Finance, Asset Management, HR and Employee Self Service. For streamlining our recruiting process, we use ZIPTIGER Recruit and once the candidates are offered, the records are moved to CREST ERP.